Hi Betsy
The "ant" is a rove beetle (Staphylinidae) - just an accidental intruder,
and not a threat other than providing food for pests like *Anthrenus*.
The crime scene is evidence of active *Anthrenus *infestation - these are
typical remains with frass after a good feed. In the top of the picture,
you can see some fine hairs which the *Anthrenus *larva has shed while
making its escape.
It may be wise to replace the blunder traps more regularly - no point in
leaving food around to keep the *Anthrenus *population going.
Best wishes
Tony Irwin

Dr A.G.Irwin
47 The Avenues