This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hi Megan
This looks like a wingless black fungus gnat (Sciaridae). There are several
genera in which the females lack wings, and they are not easy to separate.
Whichever one it is, there's no need for concern, though it might indicate
some damp timber or rotting vegetation in the vicinity, so worth checking
for that.
Best wishes
Tony

Dr A.G.Irwin