This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hello Simon,

It looks very similar to an adult museum beetle, Anthrenus museorum, in the
dermestid group.  Others might have a keener eye, however.  :)

The habit of them trying to get out windows, failing and depositing themselves
in as the sills, is similar to what I see in adult varied carpet beetles.  In
your farm house their larvae could be feeding on dead rodents, other dead
insects within the structure.

Some more information on them via MuseumPests.net website:
http://museumpests.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/museum-beetle-fact-sheet.pdf

Best,
Matt

Matthew A. Mickletz - Manager, Preventive Conservation - Winterthur
Museum<http://www.winterthur.org/> - 302.888.4752
IPM Working Group Co-Chair