This is a message from the Museumpests.net  List.
To unsubscribe look at the footer of this email.

Hello, I have spoken to one of our Coleoptera  experts and he confirmed Tony’s
identificattion that is an Ash Bark Beetle genus Leperisinus (Family
Curculionidae: Subfamily Scolytinae). They are usually the species Leperisinus
varius.

It’s a native outdoor species associated with ash trees (genus Fraxinus) where
it bores into the wood of recently dead branches and trunks. It probably flew in

Armando Mendez
IPM Coordinator
Conservation Centre - Core Research Laboratories
Natural History Museum
SW7 5BD
London

020 7942 5688