I can't give you an absolutely authoritative answer, but because of the way
hugepages are implemented and allocated, I can't think how they could be used
for other processes.  Linux hugepages are either 2m or 1g, far too large for
any likely processes to require. They cannot be allocated in partial pages.

Sent from my iPad