How close is close enough? In my case, the machines run OS Sierra, and the
installation uses the same directory paths Keeping the Postgres version in sync
should be simple. Is that close enough?

In MySQL you can copy and paste individual tables if the data are kept in ISAM,
but INNO is hopeless that way. Is Postgres more like INNO than ISAM when it
comes to table storage?

On 6/18/17, 12:58 PM, "pgsql-general-ow...@postgresql.org on behalf of Karsten
Hilbert" <pgsql-general-ow...@postgresql.org on behalf of