On 06/21/2017 01:21 PM, David G. Johnston wrote:
On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 1:10 PM, Jim Longwill <jlongw...@psmfc.org> wrote:

rdev1=# \dd
          Object descriptions
  Schema | Name | Object | Description
--------+------+--------+-------------
(0 rows)
Nothing user created has comments by default.  \dd only shows a very
limited subset of user created objects by default.  That you didn't
explicit add comments to any of those types objects is unsurprising.
See the docs for exactly what "\dd" and "\ddS" will consider.

David J.
Ok.. I've tried again using psql \dd.. type commands to locate this COMMENT object, including as 'postgres' and in the source database of the tar file but it does not show up. Yes.. we have never put in any object comments, so it must have come in from the postgres installation. It'll be tough to delete this thing if I can't find it, but oh well!

I won't worry about this much more, but if the system identifies it as an error then
I thought it was at least worth making the inquiry.   Thanks!
--Jim  :^)