Hi

I'm using pg_dump 9.6 to do the dumps.

I'm also pretty sure no data is being replicated until the end of the copy
stdin as I was watching tcpdump output and I can see data from the orig
master to the new master and no traffic between new master and the standby,
pretty sure my replication is working as my other tables have replicated
over.

as for allow pg_dump to create copy stdin with specific number of rows -
not sure what that is so hard / bad, if it was a option for somebody to
use.  For my situation its sounds like a really good idea.

I'm dumping a single table into a new single table so constraint shouldn't
be a problem.

Guess I have to just let it rung to completion

Thanks