> Just to add that running psql with the -E switch is REALLY handy for seeing
> how psql executes queries to
> find how tables etc are put together.

I can't actually use that feature to gather the information I'm interested in
since all I have are tables and data with no formal information on key
relations and allowed load order. There is so much data in so many tables that
testing even a single load iteration takes many hours and there are literally
many thousands of load order combinations possible. Logs of hundreds of
thousands (or millions) of XML loads would take a very long time to go through,
and would then only give one possible load order.

Automating a diagram of key relations and visualizing it is the first step to
methodically computing a correct load order, but I can't do that until I figure
out how to use the system tables to describe (1) columns which are not keys,
(2) columns which are primary keys not referring to another column, and (3)
columns which are foreign keys and the table/column they are pointed at. My SQL
knowledge is somewhat limited and I am struggling with the system tables.