Il 18 ago 2017 21:59, "Vincenzo Romano" <vincenzo.rom...@notorand.it> ha
scritto:

Il 18 ago 2017 21:08, "Igor Korot" <ikoro...@gmail.com> ha scritto:

Hi, Vincenzo,

On Fri, Aug 18, 2017 at 2:52 PM, Vincenzo Romano
<vincenzo.rom...@notorand.it> wrote:
> What I can tell you is not more of what is in the documentation.
>
> https://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.6/static/libpq-exec.html#L
IBPQ-EXEC-SELECT-INFO

> In particular see the function PQBinaryTuples.

OK.
I was looking at PQexec() vs. PQexecParam(), where the latter says:

[quote]
.... and query results can be requested in either text or binary format.
[/quote]

and the former doesn't mention anything like this.

Thank you.

So far I've never seen binary results. I presume you can get one with
BLOB/BYTEA columns.

Even in those cases I think you can skip the test and use the PQfsize
function in order to use the data pointer from PQgetvalue as a binary
buffer.
But, I repeat, I've never seen binary data so far.

In those cases you'd first check whether the result contains any binary
data.