From: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: Re: [Phono-L] Columbia Viva-Tonal model 710
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 2015 16:06:39 +0000

Dear Steve:   Who restores Edison C-s radio-phonograph
combinations?    I’ve been trying to get mine restored for
close to twenty years.   Originally had three, & had three
chassis sent for restoration & only two chassis came back & person to whom
I’d sent these did not respond or cash $ 25 cheque I’d sent to
cover shipping of third chassis.    Radios work OK, but phono is
very weak even ‘tho I’ve had pickups rebuilt & I’m told former
“repairs” used incorrect interstage audio
transformers.    Would love to get these units functioning properly.
What type of transformer should replace interstage audio transformers?
I can hook the pickup up to an Edison radio
which is all original & sound is superb so I know the combination units
should be equally magnificent when playing diamond discs.

Jim Cartwright

Immortal Performances, Inc.