That's a beautiful piece. I'll be curious to learn more about it.

-------- Original message --------
From: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
Date: 08/07/2015  10:21 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Subject: [Phono-L] Sonora phonograph -- Period (or Art) cabinet model?

I have an opportunity to buy a lovely Sonora console phonograph. I'm not
usually a fan of consoles -- I prefer uprights, for all the obvious reasons --
but this one seems pretty special to me, so I'm seriously considering it. It
looks to me to be one of Sonora's Period models (also known as "Art" models),
but I can't figure out which one -- if, indeed, it is one. I've studied the
attached ad, but I can't seem to find it there; still, it looks too nice to
just be one of their regular models. Can anyone tell me which model this is?
Also, did all the Period or Art models come standard with the wooden tone arm
and reproducer, or was that an option? Do they offer any kind of acoustic
advantage, or are they just aesthetic?