      From: Antique Phonograph List <phono-l@oldcrank.org>
 To: 'Antique Phonograph List' <phono-l@oldcrank.org>; phonol...@yahoogroups.com
 Sent: Friday, October 16, 2015 11:13 AM
 Subject: [Phono-L] Victor P question

I'm working on a Victor P, the one based on the R with its metal motorboard.
This one has strips of felt-like material around the underside perimeter of
the motorboard.  Should they be there?  The cabinet has countersunk areas
where the mounting screws go into the case.  I imagine the vibration damping
material was there.  Felt or rubber?    Oh, other questions.  Should the
screws holding the support arm to the case be bright finish or blackened?
Is the brake exactly the same as on other P machines.  This one had a rubber
washer mounted with an ugly screw and bolt fastening.

Thanks!