Is that a pressed steel or solid turntable?   It would probably be easier to
find another turntable, but I'd also consider heat and/or talking to an
older automotive body technician.

Ron L

From: Phono-L [mailto:phono-l-boun...@oldcrank.org] On Behalf Of John Selph
via Phono-L
Sent: Thursday, December 08, 2016 6:15 PM
To: phono-l@oldcrank.org
Cc: John Selph
Subject: [Phono-L] "Sprung" Platter

Anyone know of a  way to repair a "sprung" platter?  Apparently someone
attempted to remove the platter on a VV 1-1 by prying and the platter is now
warped.  I was thinking of possibly using a press to apply pressure and
placing a tack weld on the "high" side of the platter/hub connection.  Would
this work?

Thanks.

John

"Once in the wilds of Afghanistan I lost my corkscrew, and we were forced to
live on nothing but food and water for days."  W. C. Fields

<http://post.spmailtech.com/f/a/KE39KW1fuN4d21ebVF_LDg~~/AABF2wA~/RgRaK0XBP0EIAWwkzrSpgAZXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb180YAw1Mi4zOS4xNTQuMTZCCgAFQRJKWPdW1XxSGGFyY2hpdmVAbWFpbC1hcmNoaXZlLmNvbQlRBAAAAABES2h0dHA6Ly9wb3N0LnNwbWFpbHRlY2guY29tL3EvS01fYkk2LWJJMGdvMjRnbG45QUViQX5-L0FBQkYyd0F-L1JnUmFLeUpsUGtFSUcCe30~
AGwjjdY6LchXA3NwY1gEAAAAAFkGc2hhcmVkYQdoZWxsb180YAwzNS4xNjIuMTIuMjNCCgAB5e5J
WG5TnJ9SFGxoZXJhdWx0QHZlcml6b24ubmV0CVEEAAAAAEcCe30~>