Is the visible gap at the spindle hole or between the platter and hub?
Further to my earlier suggestions, this would require a machine shop if you
don’t have the tools, and it might be cheaper ultimately to buy a straight
replacement platter from George Vollema. Regarding a cross pin in a substitute
arbor/spindle, this would’t bend if it’s made of hard steel, like clock pivot
wire, but again, this all may be too much work if you have replacement
alternatives and would otherwise have to pay machine shop fees.
Andrew Baron
Santa Fe, NM