I'm dubbing my 2 minute Edison Grand Opera cylinders to CDs using a stylus
from Expert Stylus and Cartridge in England in a Shure cartridge, the motor
& mandrel from an Amberola 30 & the Rabco SL-8E linear tracking tonearm
which gives excellent results.  In dubbing B-21 which is the Bach-Gounod
"Ave Maria" sung by Marie Rappold the record had a very quiet surface during
the announcement but when Mme. Rappold began to sing there was a constant
hiss which continued through her singing but ended as soon as she finished.
I observe no visible difference in the grooves This leads me to think that
this particular recording may have been from a dubbed master.    None of the
other cylinders sound like this.   Any ideas?

IMMORTAL PERFORMANCES, INC

"Austin's Eclectic Used Record Store Since 1971"

1404 West 30th Street    Austin, Texas 78703-1402 USA

(512) 478-9954    E-mail:  <mailto:jimcartwri...@immortalperformances.com>
jimcartwri...@immortalperformances.com

      Paderewski