On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM, Rusty Wright <rusty.wri...@gmail.com> wrote:
> For uploading photos note that with Google app engine you can't write to its
> filesystem; it's read only (you can read whatever was in your war).  So
> you'll need to upload the photos to its data store; it's the only thing you
> can write to.

Yes, because we don't have a upload mechanism now, we just put the
albums as static images packaged as part of the web application. When
the upload ui is available, I was thinking on providing a different
photo service implementation based on images java api [1] or blog
store [2], but I haven't played with them yet.

[1] http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/images/
[2] http://code.google.com/appengine/docs/java/blobstore/

--
Luciano Resende