Hello, I just want to take an opportunity to introduce myself to the community.

I have for a long time been interested in learning a LISP, but was not aware of one that was active and practical. I would research every few years but never found one. I do not know how I missed finding PicoLisp. But, I am glad to have found it.

I explored Clojure several years ago, but I just have a very hard time embracing Java. When I opened a Clojure REPL and see the 3-400mbs of ram. It was too much. And I looked again for some other active and practical LISP. The only thing I can think of for not seeing or remembering PicoLisp is if I encountered it when it was GPL. I attempt to avoid almost any GPL software for development. I am very grateful that you changed the license to MIT, otherwise I would still be looking.

I am not a professional programmer. But I have spent significant time programming. I started with Prograph CPX in 1994. I then learned Python and have dabbled with many things, but have spent most of my time with Squeak/Pharo Smalltalk.

I am really looking forward to learning PicoLisp and hope that I find myself capable. It looks to be a very nice combination of features.

I love the idea of it being a simple LISP.
I love the idea of being able to learn most all of the system, libraries and interpreter. I love the idea of having a complete application framework, language, database, gui.
I love the fact that it is small, fast and efficient.
It looks like a place someone could make a home.

Thank you Alexander for blessing the world with your creation. I pray it brings you many blessings in kind.

Shalom

Jimmie Houchin