On Sun, Jul 16, 2017 at 10:17:40AM -0400, Matt Wilbur wrote:
> The MIPS in this case has 32 registers, 30 of which are general
> purpose (though there is some convention, as you might expect). r0 is
> hard coded to 0 and r31 is the stack pointer.

Sounds good. You need 12 for the 6 VM registers A,C,E and X,Y,Z. L and S may be
in a 32-bit register each, pointing into the stack. Then some more for temporary
stuff.

> I will have to look at the arm64 / ppc64 - do you assign machine
> register for each VM register?

Better, but you could as well put some of them into global memory. Probably not
necessary here.

> there any VM details published?

Only doc64/asm, and the sources in src64/arch/ I think.

♪♫ Alex