>Thats the one thing that I don't like about the SB cameras, the dowels can
>get lost. I'm always dropping at least one of them. As you know the
>Leonardo's film holders are attached to the camera. Pluse I lost my SB
>shutter about the first week I used the camera. My vote is for the Leonardo.
>
>james

I like both brands. Keep the dowels in a pocket. The little shutter knob is
too jerky anyway, I use a piece of tape instead. Sometimes I think the
dowels hold the holder tighter than the device on the Leonardo ( I have the
model with only one back brace) And I like the color of the SB models at
least the old 1993  models which have a dark brown finish. It really has a
rustic look to it. (I have the 75 and 150mm versions). My standard set when
I am out photographing in the van is the 75mm Leonardo, 150 Santa Barbara,
the Finney 4x5, and a 120 roll film pinhole camera. Camera used depends on
the elements (rain , ocean,) and how far I have to walk from the car! For
traveling without the car can't beat the Finney and the compact roll film
combination.

ED

ED

  Edward Levinson
*Specializing in Fine Art and Editorial Pinhole Photography*
*online portfolio at http://www.awa.or.jp/home/edo *