However, at the quilt store where I got some
>"betweens" needles, she was hip.  A note:  there is actually (shock) one
>needle manufacturer that labels their needles with the diameter!!  The sizes
>of needles mean absolutely nothing, of course, but Clover labels their
>needles with the diameter; the two packages I got have diameters of .51mm
>and .46mm.
>Chris

I also buy the Clover brand needles here in Japan for my workshops. The
smallest(thinnest) ones I can find are beading needles and the diameter is
listed as .42mm. Six needles to a pack, different lengths but all the same
diameter. For a typical wide angle 5x7 inch box camera we shoot for a hole
around 0.30mm and only drill the needle part way through. It would be nice
to find some smaller needles though!

ED

  Edward Levinson
*Specializing in Fine Art and Editorial Pinhole Photography*
*online portfolio at http://www.awa.or.jp/home/edo *