On Wednesday 02 Mar 2011 08:53:55 Joey Lee wrote:
> 於 一,2011-01-03 於 20:49 +0000,Matthew Garrett 提到:
>
> > It looks like this GUID is present in a surprisingly wide range of
> > devices (eg, http://pastebin.com/8BY0Dg64 from a Vaio...), which means
> > that it's probably not a safe assumption that reading from the EC will
> > give us reasonable results. Do the Acer drivers definitely do that,
> > rather than there being some SMI that returns the data?
>
> The AMW0 in acer-wmi not just used by acer machines:
>
> #define AMW0_GUID1              "67C3371D-95A3-4C37-BB61-DD47B491DAAB"
>
> It was also included in Lenovo Ideapad S12 and Vaio machines' DSDT. For
> Lenovo Ideapad, that will be better handle by ideapad-laptop driver.

They might not be - Matthew's original question still stands. The old AMW0 was
just a funny wrapper for direct BIOS calls - maybe we just need a different
call here?

What does Acer do - are they poking the EC directly, or is the call to AMW0
just different for these machines?

> Could we just direct add those model to the blacklist in acer-wmi
> driver? or we direct check dmi in acer-wmi for only support Acer
> machines that were included AMW0 in DSDT?

Interesting. If we can't autodetect whether it's a dummy interface or not,
then, we should change acer-wmi to whitelist what it does support - Acer,
Fujistu Siemens and Medion - rather than trying to blacklist every vendor that
crops up.

-Carlos