I have passed for some difficulties and so I make an installation tutorial
based on Ubuntu GNU/Linux distribution.

The problem you reported is solved following the steps described on the
tutorial.

The file is on annex.

2007/1/22, laflaf3d <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Hi,
Why <MapExtruder> in a .world file cause this message? :

Model:MapExtruder
server died
stopping server

After checking some files, I understand that the MapExtruder tools was
deleted in this version of Gazebo (0.6.1)... Why? It's useful no?

In the other hand (because MapExtruder doesn't work), I tried to use
gzbuilder but i can't compile this.
When I do a ./configure, I have this message:

[...]
checking gdal_priv.h usability... yes
checking gdal_priv.h presence... yes
checking for gdal_priv.h... yes
checking for GDALAllRegister in -lgdal... no
[...]

Gazebo will NOT build the gzbuilder utility:
    could not find gdal library

But GDAL seem's to be correctly installed. Do you have an idea to solve
this
problem?

By

Alexandre Henrique Vieira Soares
Mestrando em Modelagem Matemática e Computacional
Linha de Pesquisa: Sistemas Inteligentes
Cefet-MG
Belo Horizonte, Brasil
Installing Player:

1- Required packages:
- gcc with C++ (g++) support
- autoconf
- automake
- libtool
- make
- libltdl and libltdl-dev
- boost (libboost-signals-dev, libboost-thread-dev) => Signaling and
multithreading support

2- Installation steps:
2.1- "Untar" Player package;
2.2- Inside "untarred" package, run, on sequence:
2.2.1- ./configure
2.2.2- make
  |_ ** If got error on "videodev2.h" header file, add "#include
<linux/types.h>" before line
     "#include <linux/videodev2.h>" on file
"player-2.0.3/server/drivers/camera/uvc/v4l2uvc.h"
     and run "make" again.
2.2.3. make install

Installing do Stage:

1- Required packages:
- libgtk2.0 and libgtk2.0-dev

2- Installation steps:
2.1- "Untar" Stage package;
2.2- Inside "untarred" package, run, on sequence:
2.2.1- ./configure
2.2.2- make
2.2.3- ln -s /usr/lib/X11/rgb.txt /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb.txt
2.2.4- src/stest worlds/everything.world robot1
2.2.5. make install

Installing do Gazebo:

1- Required packages:
- libglut3 and libglut3-dev
- libxml2 and libxml2-dev
- libXmu6 and libXmu-dev
- ode (http://www.ode.org/)
   |_ "Untar" the package and run "./configure", "make" e "make install"
- nvidia-glx-legacy (Riva TNT2 video card driver) or
  nvidia-glx (GForce video card driver)
   |_ Turn on the driver using "sudo nvidia-glx-config enable" command
- swig
- python2.4 and python2.4-dev
- python-wxgtk (wxPython)
- libgeos-dev
- libjasper-1.701-dev
- libtiff4-dev
- libxerces26-dev
- libhdf4g-dev
- libungif4-dev
- libnetcdf++3 and netcdfg-dev
- libcfitsio-dev
- libpq-dev
- python-gdal, libgdal1-1.3.1 e libgdal1-1.3.1-dev
  |_ Make a simbolic link: $ sudo ln -s /usr/lib/libgdal1.3.1.so
/usr/local/lib/libgdal.so
     (it is needed to do because if not, "gzbuilder" - terrain builder - will
not be installed)

2- Installation steps:
2.1- "Untar" Gazebo package;
2.2- Inside "untarred" package, run, on sequence:
2.2.1- ./configure
2.2.2- make
2.2.3- make install
2.2.4- Add "/usr/local/lib" to "/etc/ld.so.conf" file and run, as root
"/sbin/ldconfig"

Observation:
If, when running the compiled program, you get an error loading the
"libplayerc++" lib,
edite the file: "/etc/ld.so.conf" and add the following line: "/usr/local/lib".
Afterm run the
command: "ldconfig", as done in item "2.2.4" of Gazebo installation.