Hello Paolo,

+1 for me, main reasons are the usual Redis ones:

Speed - 100k GET by_id per second
Data persistence across restarts
Multi node deployment is not a MUST like other NoSQL document stores
Lightweight

My use-case is storing time-based events from flows in InfluxDB (bps,
pps, flows per host/subnet) and details (tcp flags, packet sizes,
as_path etc.) in redis. Storing timestamp, tag and value is where Influx
is good, storing documentation is where redis shines.

Storing directly to redis can be usefull, because most of data amount
per flow goes there for me.

The same will apply for InfluxDB but i am interfacing it over http, so
there is bunch of overhead already, i do not think there will be major
performance improvement writing directly, and tag:value pairs are really
lightweight.

r.