Hi,

pmacct gives you absolute counters and time reference. Say, between
02:00 and 02:05 there have been 1GB transferred. So, while i confirm
pmacct can't give you the counters how you need them, you can easily
derive them. My recommendation would be to handle this post-processing
data output by pmacct, probably what you meant with your #2 option.

Paolo