On Fri, 12 May 2017 00:09:00 +0000
Paolo Lucente <pa...@pmacct.net> wrote:

> pmacct gives you absolute counters and time reference. Say, between
> 02:00 and 02:05 there have been 1GB transferred. So, while i confirm
> pmacct can't give you the counters how you need them, you can easily
> derive them. My recommendation would be to handle this post-processing
> data output by pmacct, probably what you meant with your #2 option.

I.e.

Feed pmacct output, which classifies and totals and thereby
reduces data volume, to a database or even a file
and then run queries against the db.  Or feed it to a
time-series circular db, like rrdtool etc., through your
own filter that analyzes, so you never have to delete old data.
In the latter case the pmacct in-memory method can be
good choice on the pmacct side.  Or use a db that
supports triggers to do the analysis on input
into the db.  Etc.  Whatever works.

Regards,

Karl <k...@meme.com>
                 -- Robert A. Heinlein