I am getting a flow from a certain router and I want to test what interface
the flow is coming from (as billing is different depending where its
going/coming from) and set the tag. I am pretty new to this and have 90% of
it working fine.

Ie if I have 2 routers with 2 interfaces each going to different places I
would get the flows tagged depending what interface they went in/out of and
then I can add up all same src_host with a certain tag and it get the total
data for that location.

I could just include the interface id as well in database but I think I
would be able to do this?

I have aggregate:src_host,dst_host,tag

pre_tag_map: /etc/pmacct/pretag.map

With pre tag.map

id=1 ip=::ffff:x.x.x.x

And it will put 1 in the tag field if the netflow comes from the machine
x.x.x.x ok and if it comes from other routers it will be blank (all good)

But if I go

id=1 ip=::ffff:x.x.x.x in=500  ( presume in = the interface id?)

id=2 ip=::ffff:x.x.x.x in=501

Then tag does not get set at all. Am I thinking of things wrong how I can
set the tag based on interface as well?

If I change aggregate:src_host,dst_host,tag,in_iface,out_iface I can see the
interface ID¹s are correct

Thanks

Craig