From: pmacct-discussion [mailto:pmacct-discussion-boun...@pmacct.net] On Behalf
Of Whisky
Sent: Montag, 31. März 2014 12:01
To: pmacct-discussion@pmacct.net
Subject: [pmacct-discussion] Virtual interfaces setup problem

Dear pmacctd-list members.

I've already tried to set up pmacct the way I need it but it seems I'm just too
dumb to get it. Her's what I try to accomplish:

We own several servers each of which has multiple IP addresses and accordingly
multiple virtual network interfaces (up to 50 like eth1:1, eth1:2, etc).
We would like to count the traffic per interface on a daily basis and we also
wish to be able to generate weekly/monthly/yearly reports. A distinction
between services / protocols is currently not necessary. We just want to know
how much inbound and outbound traffic a single ip/interface has produced in
total per day. We don't even need fancy diagrams although they would certainly
be nice:)

My first try with the MySQL plugin went "ok" but the results were way to
detailed and the database grew to 450 MB within 17 days on a server that is not
even actively used. As I am quite sure that I am not the only one with such a
setup I kindly ask the list for help and/or example configurations. Any hint
would be appreciated.

Thank you very much in advance,

Stefan