Hi Guys,

when I try to compile pmacct-classifiers, I am getting compilation error.

I followed this doc. http://www.pmacct.net/classification/gs.html

a) download pmacct
done

b) compile pmacct
done

c-1) download regular expression (RE) classifiers as-you-need them: you
need just to point your browser to
In ubuntu I did apt-get install l7-protocols I can see the all
the /etc/l7-protocols/protocols/*.pat

c-3) download shared object (SO) classifiers (written in C) as-you-need
them:  I am getting Error

root@HP-ProBook-4430s:~/Downloads/pmacct-classifiers# ls
check_endianess.c  common-dep.h  common.h  edonkey.c  INSTALL  Makefile
 README  README.developers  rtp.c
root@HP-ProBook-4430s:~/Downloads/pmacct-classifiers# make
gcc -o check_endianess check_endianess.c
DEFS=`./check_endianess`; \
gcc -shared `echo $DEFS` -o rtp.so rtp.c -ldl
/usr/bin/ld: /tmp/cc4ZRfQA.o: relocation R_X86_64_PC32 against undefined
symbol `ntohs@@GLIBC_2.2.5' can not be used when making a shared object;
recompile with -fPIC
/usr/bin/ld: final link failed: Bad value
make: *** [rtp] Error 1
root@HP-ProBook-4430s:~/Downloads/pmacct-classifiers#

HostMachine == ubuntu14.04

Please guide me. How to fix this.