After fiddling around for a few days I'm still at a loss for finding a good
graphing option.

I've been working today trying to use the memory plugin and cacti to graph
some data, but I realized that it won't be good for dynamic type graphs. I
could easily graph total tcp/udp traffic since those don't alter too much.
Ideally I'd like to aggregate the dst_ports but I'd like to graph the top
5. I understand Cacti may not be the best for this since you have to define
the data sources manually.

What other options are available or commonly used for graphing? Preferably
something that can be aggregated on a per conversation basis?