Hello all,

I wanted to bring to your attention several issues on GitHub having to
deal with POD. Some of them have been there for years, but nobody from
GitHub has responded.

Given how it took lots of publicity (e.g.,
<https://github.com/dear-github/dear-github>)
to get GitHub to prioritise certain changes such as voting on issues,
perhaps we can be squeaky wheels and get these merged?

- #241 Switch to Pod::Simple::XHTML <https://github.com/github/markup/pull/241>

- #421 POD CPAN Links (point from s.c.o. to metacpan.org)
<https://github.com/github/markup/issues/421>

- #874 Fix POD markup in test  <https://github.com/github/markup/pull/874>

Regards,
- Zaki Mughal

P.S. Somewhat related is <https://github.com/perl-pod/pod-simple/issues/61>
which proposes to change `$Pod::Simple::HTML::Perldoc_URL_Prefix` to switch to
MetaCPAN.
I don't want to get into that here, but if someone would like to start
another thread for that, go ahead.