On Aug 12, 2009, at 10:47 AM, devzero2000 wrote:

Sorry if i disgress, but i want take advantage of your attention. It might be useful to migrate the autofu popt to version 2 of autoconf / automake? It is something I can certainly do, if you agree. I prefer to ask first.

Feel free to do whatever. All I expect is that this sequence
of operations continues to "work":
        ./autogen.sh            # <-- this already adds config.rpath multiple
times,
                                        # and introduces a dependency on perl
for no important reason
        make clean
        make check

Note that my definition of "work" is rather *ahem* loose. But
yes popt needs to build flawlessly everywhere.

My guess is that upgrading to Newer! Better! Bestest! AutoFu
in popt is going to run afoul of someone's build system choices
with Older! Reliable! Unchanging! AutoFu down the road.

73 de Jeff