On Mon, Jun 7, 2010 at 9:40 AM, Jeff Johnson <n3...@mac.com> wrote:

> The added tyrrany of forcing every application that currently has
> -lpopt
> to change to
> -ljdod
> will be rate-determining to adoption (and glacially/tectonically slow imho)

For me, if popt 2 is not compatible with popt 1 then I would rather have to
make a conscious choice to upgrade my code (testing it for compatibility),
and having to change the libray name as a part of that is pretty minor.
 Having a possibility for my program to be run-time linked with a library
that is not compatible with what it expects would be very bad, imo.

..wayne..