Ralf -

I tried installing the latest 2.0 snapshot and I encountered a problem
of the manpages dependency missing in the generated Makefile.

 perl -i -pe 's/TARGET_ALL  \=/TARGET_ALL  = \\\$(TARGET_MANS)/' Makefile

Otherwise, everything seemed to work fine and as expected.

For RedHat 7.3 linux, I also had to create the following files in
order to compile an existing application properly with the pthread
compatibility library:

        touch $prefix/include/bits/pthreadtypes.h
        touch $prefix/include/bits/sigthread.h

Of course, $prefix shouldn't be just any standard path like /usr/local
but a path that must be included when building the application. I
didn't see any mention of this in the pth FAQ or otherwise. Has no one
else run into this issue?

regards,

- j