I'll try that.  Thanks,

Brian

On Mar 11, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Steve Alstrin wrote:

Brian

Not for sure where these errors are coming from, I don't see messages
like below in the code. Do you know which context swapping method was
selected during the configure? If it selected the
swapcontext/makecontext method, you may want to reconfigure and force
the setjmp/longjmp method.

Do a ./configure --help to see about doing this.

This is the method I used.

decision on mctx implementation... sjlj/ssjlj/sas

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Brian Helenbrook
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 3:09 AM
To: pth-users@gnu.org
Cc: Brian Helenbrook
Subject: OS X 10.5.2 crash

I'm having a crash on OS X 10.5.2 when I run make test. Is anybody else
having a similar problem?  The machine is a PowerPC G4 Laptop
(powerpc-apple-darwin9-gcc-4.0.1).  The only thing mildly different
about my setup is that I have gfortran installed.

This is the error from make test:

=== TESTING GLOBAL LIBRARY API ===

Fetching library version
version = 0x200207

=== TESTING BASIC OPERATION ===

Initializing Pth system (spawns scheduler and main thread) Killing Pth
system for testing purposes
test_std(23790) malloc: *** error for object 0xbffff710: Non-aligned
pointer being freed (2)
test_std(23790) malloc: *** error for object 0x45e90: Non-aligned
pointer being freed (2)
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug Re-Initializing Pth
system
/bin/sh: line 1: 23790 Segmentation fault      ./test_std
Please send the following summary line together with details about the
configuration (pth_acdef.h, pth_acmac.h,
config.status, config.log) and build/test steps (output of
'make' and 'make test') to the author Ralf S. Engelschall
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> to help him in tracking down your platform
problem.

Pth: FAILED: powerpc-apple-darwin9.2.0 | mcsc/sc/
mc | down | 2.0.7

make: [test-std] Error 1 (ignored)

Any help would be appreciated.

Brian Helenbrook
Associate Professor
362 CAMP
Mech. and Aero. Eng. Dept.
Clarkson University
Potsdam, NY 13699-5725

work: 315-268-2204
fax: 315-268-6695

Automated List Manager (Majordomo)           [EMAIL PROTECTED]