Hi Alexander,

Thank you for your answer.

> Hei hei,
>
> On Wed, Mar 01, 2017 at 06:36:38PM +0100, Guillermo Rodriguez Garcia wrote:
>> Is someone using ptxdist with iMX6 based targets? I know phytec used
>> ptxdist in the past but now they seem to be using Yocto instead.
>
> We have a phytec i.MX6 dev board at work. They shipped a ptxdist based
> BSP in the first place before they switched to ptxdist. I had
> Distrokit working with it, I guess when Linux 3.18 was bleeding edge,
> but did not manage to send it upstream.
>
> So in general i.MX6 works, I guess it's basically getting your
> bootloader and kernel config working?

Yes, indeed. Selecting the right kernel to start from is already a
non-trivial task, given the plethora of options (we have at least:
official Freescale/NXP kernels, community kernels, vendor kernels from
board/SOM manufacturers, and the upstream kernel).

>> Re. toolchain: Any recommended version of OSELAS.Toolchain? Best
>> settings to finetune for Cortex A9 + VFPv3 + NEON ?
>
> I would recommend the latest release v2016.06.1 and go with
> arm-v7a-linux-gnueabihf_gcc-5.4.0_glibc-2.23_binutils-2.26_kernel-4.6-sanitized.ptxconfig

That is a great start. Some things that draw my attention, though:

- VFPv3-D16 selected whereas iMX6 can do VFPv3-D32 (or just "VFPv3")
- NEON not enabled (supported by iMX6)
- Thumb mode used by default (not sure why -- wouldn't it be more
appropriate to use arm mode by default unless there is an explicit
intent to optimize size over speed ?)

Best,

Guillermo

guille.rodrig...@gmail.com