On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 04:36:21PM +0200, Michael Olbrich wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Sat, Jun 24, 2017 at 03:47:51PM +0200, Ladislav Michl wrote:
> > This serie adds support for cryptodev hardware acceleration.
> > However, there's one issue unresolved: cryptodev module
> > As we have three different modutils implementations available
> > and also supporting systemd and sysv init it is a bit messy
> > to generate proper config to load cryptodev at boot time.
> > So we could either leave module loading to BSP or do something
> > on ptxdist level. Thoughts?
>
> I'm not sure I like this. Keeping up to date with crypto stuff is hard
> enough as it is. I don't like adding a out-of-tree kernel module into the
> mix.

Fair enough, but note this module is there for long time and still properly
maintained.

> I wouldn't mind the options for gnutls and openssl but those require
> crypto/cryptodev.h, right? Where is this coming from anyways?
> cryptodev.install is empty, so not from there.

Unfortunately from cryptodev.targetinstall as cryprodev's Makefile reads:

install: modules_install

modules_install:
        $(MAKE) $(KERNEL_MAKE_OPTS) modules_install
        install -m 644 -D crypto/cryptodev.h
$(DESTDIR)/$(includedir)/crypto/cryptodev.h

regards,
        ladis