Hei hei,

On Sun, Jul 09, 2017 at 03:09:21PM +0200, Vlastimil Setka wrote:
> # Is it possible to built some packages into .ipk files, but do not include
> them by default in the image? I thought that the [M] option available in
> menuconfig could be intended for this, but seems it does not work this way.
> Btw, what the [M] option really do differently from [*]?

This is for using so called collections, which are not well
documented. You can create so called collection configs for different
sets of packages. 'ptxdist menuconfig collection' allows to edit
those and there's a symlink selected_collection (?) in your BSP. You
may search the mailing list archive, IIRC there were some explanations
over the years.

Greets
Alex

--
»With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured,
irrevocably.« (Jean-Luc Picard, quoting Judge Aaron Satie)