Mark Nottingham wrote:
Hi Kingsley,

We've been back and forth on this issue a *lot*. The current solution is still
to define the syntax, but not the semantics, of rev, because we can't come to
consensus on it, and it's widely agreed that it isn't well-used in many cases
(not necessarily yours).

Regards,

I know there has been a lot of back and forth on this matter.

Situation as you describe it:
Nobody has arrived a consensus about something that isn't widely used.

Thus, our emerging use case should really be preserved since there isn't any collateral damage :-)

I could understand if it was widely used in a variety of ways, but this clearly isn't the case, so I think we can also safely own the semantics of this for now since its being put into very practical use.

Kingsley