On Fri, 16 Apr 2010 18:03:08 +0900, Mike Belshe <mbel...@google.com> wrote:
On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:37 AM, Anne van Kesteren <ann...@opera.com> wrote:
I didn't actually propose an error condition and I'll note that your
setPriority() proposal didn't handle errors either. E.g. what happens when I pass 20 as argument?

Fair enough. :-)

What I wanted was an enum, but I don't believe there is a way to do enums, right?

Not currently, no.

I think easiest would be to just ignore the setting as e.g. lineCap and
lineJoin on the canvas 2D API do. Then errors are gracefully handled and by
checking what priority is after setting you can see whether the
implementation supports the feature.

I'd take whatever people like most. Personally, I don't like using strings for enums, but I can live with it.

So you're proposing something like:

   var my_priority = "HGIH";
   xhr.priority = my_priority;
   if (xhr.priority != my_priority)  {
     // we detected an error
   }

Yeah. Basically using strings makes it easier to extend the API going forward as numbers start clashing pretty soon.

--
Anne van Kesteren
http://annevankesteren.nl/