Dear list,
I've been using Pulseaudio over the network for a while. When my laptop is
docked it works pretty well through the wired connection, but when I go
wireless sound gets choppy. This situation makes the whole network
functionality almost non-sense for me as I could attach my usb sound card
directly to my dock station (with 5.1 speakers). Checking the traffic I get an
around 4mb/s sustained flow which I guess is too high for my unreliable
wireless network.
I've googled quite a lot and I haven't found any real effective solution to
this issue. I guess the better solution would be to compress these streams in
order to reduce bandwidth requirements. Is it possible to do this in
pulseaudio. Are there any plans of implementing some solution for this
situation? Which are the most important parameters I should try to tune apart
from "default-fragments" and "default-fragment-size-msec"?

Thank you very much,
    Aitor Pazos