HI.

Last post on this thread, then I will start a new one.
I managed to cut down the delay considerably by simplifying the commands:

local sound server: ssh -L 5901:localhost 5901 -L 1234:localhost:1234
<remote sound client> *parec | nc -l 1234"
local sound server: nc localhost 1234 | pacat

The advantage with this is that the volume can be controlled manually with
the local sound server's volume control and the delay is cut down to 3-5
seconds.

br,
Quinn