2011/5/27 Luke Yelavich <them...@ubuntu.com>:
> On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 04:52:02AM EST, Arun Raghavan wrote:
>> The website worked fine as of a month ago. I don't know why it's down
>> now. The library serves the purpose we need well (light weight, doesn't
>> invent its own type system, allows you to parse out values individually
>> instead of mandating key-value pairs), and is available on every major
>> distribution ...
>
> It is availab ein Ubuntu yes, however its in our universe component of the
> package archive, universe being unsupported by Canonical. If PulseAudio
> master was used in future versions of Ubuntu, I would feel comfortable
> knowing that the json c library being used will reguaruly receive upstrea
> maintenance, as that in turn makes it easier for Canonical to commit to
> supporting the package in long term releases.

The website is (sort of) up again. Although the latest release was
almost two years ago, it seems from the svn logs that there is still
development going on and that the project is very responsive to bug
reports. (I've submitted a few patches for mingw cross-compiling
myself, so let's see where that goes)

The mailing lists still don't work and the project infrastructure
could be a bit better (such as svn web access), but in general I think
it looks like a solid upstream.

> Luke

Maarten