Hello:

I'd like to ensure that I've set-up various gconf settings for users.
I cobbled together this little sad definition:

  define gconf($type, $value, $user) {
    exec{"set $name to $value":
      command => "/bin/su $user -c '/usr/bin/gconftool-2
--config-source xml:readwrite:/home/$user/.gconf --type=$type --set
$name \"$value\"'",

used like this:

    gconf{"/apps/gnome-terminal/profiles/Default/font":
      type => "string",
      value => "Monospace 16",
      user => "rbdixon",
    }

It all seems a little verbose. Any suggestions on how to improve this?
Maybe trying to puppet manage gconf entries is a bad idea?

Brad