Under MS Windows, I installed GTK+ with the all-in-one
GTK-Runtime-Environment-2.2.4.exe installer.

I got the latest PyGTK sources from CVS, and started my first build under
MS Windows, by following the insructions found on :
http://nitace.bsd.uchicago.edu:8080/Wikis/Leo/CompilingPythonWin
(the page seems unavailable, i used the Google cache)

The build process halts on an 'undefined reference' error on :
gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type
gtk_im_status_style_get_type

Looks like bug #123014 was not fully resolved.

There is not need to compile the latest gtk+ runtime as this is a pygtk problem. pygtk indeed needs
gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type and gtk_im_status_style_get_type to be defined in gtk-fake-win32.c (as proposed by Alif Wahid). Adding the corresponding GTK_TYPE_*_ macro to ignore-win32 in gtk.override is not enough. I will post a revised patch this afternoon (GMT) on bugzilla. In the meantime, could you please try this build

http://www.pcpm.ucl.ac.be/~gustin/win32_ports/binaries/pygtk-2.1.0.win32-py2.3.exe

It works fine on my machine with the latest GTK+ runtime from dropline (2.2.4.1), with the exception of a few warnings (currently don't know where the nil ones come from) :

** (hello.py:3768): WARNING **: `(nil)' is not an enum type

** (hello.py:3768): WARNING **: `(nil)' is not an enum type

** (hello.py:3768): WARNING **: `GtkTextSearchFlags' is not an flags type.

Cedric

However, I could not find any help to build GTK+ under MS Windows nor a
recent package featuring post-october 2003 files.

I know that Herman is tracking the gtk+ cvs more closely for its win32 port of gaim (http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/index.php) but I don't know if gtk_im_preedit_style_get_type and gtk_im_status_style_get_type have been given a proper definition in the GTK+ cvs. Will check...

I must also say that I am somewhat reluctant about building GTK+ under
Windows, especially if somebody already did so.

Or if you have a lot of free time !!!

Cedric