I've got this project I'm working on where I've implemented joystick control
(pyjsw) for the GUI and, depending on what's going on in the app, I'd like to
have the joystick events handled differently.

so I've got a thread that runs in the background and checks for joystick
updates and then calls methods based on that, but I'd rather spoof keypresses.
ie- I'd like to spoof an arrow-up or arrow-down rather than figuring out that a
treeview is focused, then use code to figure out how to navigate up and down
the list.

...spike