Hi dear users of pygtk

I installed in linux (suse) python 2.7.5 from source in directory /usr/local/python. After installing of pygobject (as dependency for pygtk) and starting of python interpreter the following error message has been displayed:

>>> import gobject
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
  File "gobject/__init__.py", line 26, in <module>
from glib import spawn_async, idle_add, timeout_add, timeout_add_seconds, \
  File "glib/__init__.py", line 22, in <module>
    from glib._glib import *
ImportError: glib/_glib.so: undefined symbol: PyUnicodeUCS4_DecodeUTF8

Please can somebody give me a hint how to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance
Ogi