Hey all,

I don't use windows very much so I'm in a pickle trying to figure out how
to launch a simple program that has a GUI xml file created with glade.  I
guess ... I'm looking for a tutorial on how to use the pygtk all-in-one
installer to pull in and use a gui with glade provided with the all-in-one
installer package and to create a working shortcut to launch the app.  Or
maybe what I want to do is do-able ... I just need to use python3? or maybe
install some extra packages?

Here's my history ....

My app is pretty simple but it does use a blah.glade xml file for the user
interface ... and I thought I could install the pygtk-all-in-one to launch
it on windows.  I noticed that the all-in-one installs glade3, great,
because that's what I have available on my RHEL6 box.  So I designed the
interface on my linux box, but windows python2.7 doesn't like the xml file
created with glade3 ... so to test I used a very old xml file created with
an older version of glade and that worked (with a caveat).

It took a while for me to stumble upon a way to launch the GUI.  For
instance this does NOT work:

Create a shortcut with this entry:
c:\python27\python.exe c:\python27\blah.py

The above doesn't work from the command prompt either.

This worked:  Launch pygtk terminal (installed with the all-in-one)
In that terminal if I type the above command it works!

I can probably install an old version of glade to get the GUI working but
the problem would then be creating a shortcut that the user can click on to
launch my app.

Please and thank you for any help/hints on getting this working in windows.

-- Tony