Read the docs on `add_request_method`.  It's pretty great.  I think the
docs continue on the set property method, and explain the pattern a bit
more.

Anyways, combined with reify, there is very little overhead.  You can also
use dotted-name strings to register, which can make things a bit easier for
writing extensions/plugins.

Just to clarify my earlier point: If you were merely building your own
application, I would do everything on the request itself.  Since you're
building/maintaing a framework though, I think you may be better off with
your own "context" objects that gets tossed onto the request.  That could
give you better control of modules/plugins registering with your
application.