Python 2.6 was end-of-life in 2013. All Pylons projects have been dropping
support for it to ease the migration to 3.x codebases. You should upgrade.
https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0361/

If you choose to upgrade to 2.7 and are still having issues with IPv6 on
the latest waitress release you should post some more detailed information
on the issues you are seeing in that supported environment.

- Michael